Industrial & Retail Storage Solutions
Cleary Installations Blog Articles
Advantages of Adjustable Pallet Racking
Adjustable Packing Racking is the most common form of pallet racking. APR is a system of beams clipped into frames. In general the beams support the pallet but on occasions the pallet is also supported by timber decking, mesh decking or pallet support bars.
Adjustable pallet racking allows beam levels to be raised, lowered, added in or taken out depending on your requirements (they come in all sorts of configurations).
Advantages of this system:
- Adaptable (can be used on any type of unit load or forklift truck)
- Accessible (allows immediate access to all unit loads and/or references stored)
- Dynamic (it is easily assembled and/or disassembled, and the components can be easily replaced and/or added)
Adjustable pallet racking systems come in all sorts of configurations, but the importance of getting the basics right is fundamental. For a safe and efficient operation, the racking system must be designed to fit and function with both the handling equipment and the load.
Adjustable Pallet Racking Beams & Uprights
The main features of adjustable pallet racking are, the beams and uprights, as outlined below:
- Pallet Racking Beams are roll formed from high quality steel and depending on beam type have either one or two sections. These sections are welded to the anchor plates and then powder coated. Our experienced sales team will recommend the most suitable racking beam for your requirements.
- Pallet Racking Uprights are available in various widths to give bay loads of up to 35 tonnes. (Should bay loads in excess of this figure be required, please contact our sales team for free professional advice). Each racking upright is roll formed from high quality steel before being powder coated.